July 9, 2012

Working Like a Farmer Needing Rain

Similar to the current weather conditions two farmers were in desperate need of rain.  Both farmers prayed for rain, but only one prepared his fields for rain.  The farmer who prayed and tended to his fields was blessed with rain producing a bountiful crop while the other farmer maintained a barren field.  

I think some members of our society forget relationships need both prayer and work to be productive.  

My wife, Amy, and I had a fun date night recently. 

First, dinner at Turoni's in Evansville where we ordered the Iron Man pizza and added sausage. 




















Then a trip to Barnes and Noble for gifts.  The instructions were simple: find something, anything that reminds us of the other person.   
















Amy, possesses a unique, recognizable laugh that I love to hear.  When all is quite and we are in separate rooms of the house reading I love to be disturbed by her laughter.  So I headed to the humor section and quickly found a female, comedic author I thought Amy would enjoy.  

While meandering towards the register I grabbed a postcard with John Lennon and Yoko Ono's portrait as well.  Despite the adultery which created their relationship they had a strong love for one another that I pray Amy and I possess.

With my two purchases I headed to Starbucks to meet Amy and exchange gifts.  I arrived first and settled into a booth.  Amy eventually arrived all smiles and giddy.  

She was so excited to show me what she got she could not sit still.  Drum roll please . . . it was a book for our friend and neighbor Julia.  Yeah!  But wait, there was more.  A book for a former student.  Yeah!  Another book, for Amy.  Yeah!  

I began to worry she forgot why we came to this bookstore,  but she had saved the best for last.  A book on gardening for me to better provide food on the table.  Yeah! (This time it is sincere and heart felt).  I was stoked!

My head was spinning from so much new and useful information.  Date night was declared over, I had work to do back home in the garden.























What are your date nights like?



No comments:

Post a Comment